Motion Art Studio chooses to follow the system of the Royal Academy of Dance. The R.A.D., founded in 1920, is one of the largest and most prestigious dance organizations worldwide. Every year, the children are prepared for the internationally recognized examinations and evaluations, which are designed to motivate and encourage young dancers, by systematically measuring progress and performance.
Class Levels offered:
- Pre-school Dance Curriculum (4 – 5 years old). No examination is taken at this level
- Pre-primary in Dance (5 – 6 years old). No examination is taken at this level.
- Primary in Dance Class Award (6 – 7 years old).
- Graded Examinations in Dance
- Grade 1 Ballet – Grade 4 Ballet
- Grade 6 - Grade 8 Award
- The Vocational Graded Syllabus
- Intermediate Foundation
- Advance Foundation
- Advance 1
- Advance 2
This class is for adults who love Classical Ballet and Contemporary dance and want to gain the following:
- Strengthening and flexibility of the body
- Correct posture
- Strengthening the ‘center’ of the body
- Learning to control the body: contracting and relaxing the muscles
- Learn breathing techniques
- Learn about warm up and its importance
- Rhythm – musicality
- Expression through movement
- Strengthen concentration
Through movement, dance, singing and playing music, the toddlers explore their body and develop their physical, mental & social skills. The syllabus is especially designed by Avgi Papakyriakou, founder of Motion Art Studio, based on her long years’ experience in teaching dance and raising her two daughters, with the collaboration of the psychologist, family counselor & trainer, Kleanthis Neophytou (BA, BSc, MSc) and the music director and composer, Andrea Georgallis.
- Movement activities with or without props,
- Finger plays and peek-a-boo games
- Singing or dancing to favorite traditional Greek children’s songs, adapted into various music styles, as well as original songs composed for the program,
- Listening to music,
- Exploring and playing simple musical instruments,
- Imaginative themes and stories
- Bilibo* time
* Bilibo is a new kind of toy which leaves room for the child's imagination. Instead of imposing a specific play pattern, Bilibo encourages the children to invent their own games, to play and have fun in an active and creative way.
Babies are constant movers. Before they can walk, they can dance to any music they hear. Watching toddlers play, one notices the enjoyment and the need to move. Apart from the pleasure it gives them, movement fosters learning. Through movement, children develop the body and the brain, as well as self-confidence, self-expression and communication. Considerable research is done in education and psychology, regarding the importance of movement in the child’s development. At the young age of 2 – 5, the children develop basic movement skills which are useful for later learning skills.
Benefits of Babymotion
- Develops a child’s motor (moving) skills
- Stimulates the brain and improves physical coordination
- Helps the child to explore its body
- Increases repertoire of movement
- Encourages focused listening
- Widens expression skills
- Strengthens memory through rhythmic patterns
- Encourages imagination
- Fosters musicality
- Develops a child’s ability to use language
- Promotes concentration
- Creates neural pathways in the child’s brain connected with mathematics, science and abstract thinking
- Encourages a child’s independence and self confidence
- Fosters an environment of love and security for the child
- Helps to strengthen the emotional bond between parents and child
- Learning to take turns and group participation
- Encourages the toddlers to be more sociable and cooperative
- Offers fun & quality time for parents with their child
- Gives ideas of play for the parent and child
Zumba is a dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. The program combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun. It became the biggest trend in the USA, and is the most pleasant way to lose fat, burn calories, and tone!